Major Areas of Interest
- Nutrient profiling of fish and fishery products.
- Extraction, characterization and establishing bioactivity of biomolecules from fish and fishery wastes.
- Seaweed- as a source of nutraceuticals.
- Contaminant profiling of fish and fishery products.
- Development of nutraceutical and functional foods of marine origin.
- Nutrient profiling of deep sea fishes including myctophids.
- Heavy metal profiling of marine fishes.
- Characterization and bioactivity studies on biomolecules viz collagen, collagen peptide, squid peptide, proteoglycans, n-3 PUFA, fish oil, liver oil, fish proteins and peptides, chitosan derivatives, vitamins from marine sources.