- Gas Chromatography: Head Space Sampler, FID, ECD and MS
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC): FLD, DAD and UV-vis
- Preparative HPLC
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS)
- Flame photometer
- ELISA Reader and Western Blotting Unit
- Supercritical Fluid Extraction Unit
- Refrigerated Centrifuge
- Electrophoresis apparatus and gel imaging system
The Division is having well-established CPCSEA approved animal house facility to evaluate nutritional significance of marine bio-molecules and to evaluate bioactivity of biomolecule from fish, fishery waste and seaweed.
The Division undertakes analytical services of the samples from fish processing and allied industries and issues certificates.
- Proximate composition of seafood
- Amino acid profiling of fish & fishery products
- Fatty acid composition
- Minerals, Trace elements, Heavy metals and chemical contaminants profiling in fish and water
- NABL accreditation for organochlorine pesticides and antibiotic residues
- Consultancies with respect to biochemical analyses.
- Nutrition and chemical contaminant profiling of fish and fishery products.
- Setting up of testing laboratories.
Human Resource Development
Both national and international trainees are being trained.
- Modern Analytical Techniques in fish Biochemistry.
- Nutrient and contaminant profiling of fish and fishery product.
- Nutrient profiling and nutritional labelling of seafood products.