- Diversification of products for the export market.
- Value addition and product development for economic utilization of low value fishes and discards.
- New processed fishery products for the domestic consumers at economic prices.
- Modifications in traditional fish processing methods to ensure better returns.
- Identification of novel packaging materials and development of containers and methods for fishery products.
- Utilization of fishery wastes as raw materials for the production of useful value added products.
- Better methods for the utilization of deep sea and cultured fishes.
- Improved methods for the transportation of fish and fishery products including live fish.
- Development of suitable feeds for aquaculture.