- Preparation of plant layout for fish processing plants.
- Setting up of Effluent Treatment plants.
- Design and layout for Quality Control Laboratory for seafood Processing plants.
- Setting up of QC Lab.
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) implementation.
- HACCP Manual preparation and guidance.
- HACCP Validation.
- HACCP Verification.
- HACCP AuditingGood Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Hygiene and sanitation.
- Rodent and pest control.
- Quality upgradation.
- Seafood handling practices.
- Water quality improvement.
- To undertake Quality survey of food & beverages including drinking water.
- To provide Package of practices for food industries to ensure safety and quality.
- Quality evaluation & defect rectification of water, raw materials and other ingredients of food industry.
- Processing Plant inspection for HACCP compliance.
- Approval of Technologists.
- Approval of Laboratories of processing plants.
- Sanitary survey.
- Certification of sanitation and phytosanitation.
- Solid and Liquid Waste disposal including setting up of ETPs.
- Package of Practice for Pathogen free chilled fish.
- Rodent/Fly Proofing.
- Good Hygiene Practice for specific food industries.
- Good Laboratory Practice for specific food industries.
- Good Manufacturing Practices for seafood industries.
Seafood quality control - 12 working days.
Hygiene and sanitation - 3 days.
Seafood handling practices - 3 days.
HACCP - 5 days.
Identification of pathogens - 6 days.
Implementation of European Union Regulations for :
- Fishing Vessels
- Landing Centres
- Transportation System
- Ice plants
- Processing plants
- Pre-Processing centers
- Packaging materials
Implementation of FDA regulations in seafood processing plants :
Seafood Quality Assurance
A 14-day training programme, which imparts the basic knowledge in Seafood handling and its quality control. The course includes elaborate theory and practical classes. A must for every processing technologist.
This 14 day training programme covers all the basic aspects of HACCP and its implementation. The course covers practical aspects of HACCP implementation and its validation.
Verification and Auditing
This 7 day advanced training programme include practical demonstration and implementation of verification of HACCP plan and its auditing.
Public Hygiene and Sanitation
This 4 day training programme covers all the basic aspects of sanitation and hygiene, which should be followed in any food manufacturing factories.
Personal Health and Hygiene
This 4-day training programme include all the aspects of hygiene and sanitation a personnel, who is handling food in a processing factory. This training is very essential for all the factory workers, supervisors, technologists and managers to foresee and prevent any contamination and other related hazards.
Good Manufacturing Practices
A 5 day training programme which covers all the aspects of good manufacturing practices as per EU and FDA norms, which should be undertaken by any food processing factories.
The Division undertakes analytical services of the samples from fish processing and allied industries and issues certificates.
|The analytical services include
|Water & Ice
||All physical, chemical and microbiological parameters. Portability of water, Heavy and Toxic metals in waterm, Pesticides in water, Antibiotics in water, All Anions and Cations BOD, COD etc.
|Fish and fishery products
||Organoleptic evaluation Proximate composition.Total Volatile Nitrogen (TVN), Tri Methyl Amine Nitrogen, Alpha Amino Nitrogen, Yield Bio toxins, K Valu,e Diarrhetic shellfish toxins (DSP), Paralytic shellfish toxins (PSP). All microbiological parameters.
||Estimation of Total plate count, E. coli, Faecal Streptococci, Staphylococcus spp, Salmonella spp, Vibrio cholera, Vibrio vulnificus, Vibrio parahaemolyticus, Lysteria spp. Sulphite reducing Clostridium etc. Estimation of Total plate count, E. coli, Faecal Streptococci Staphylococcus spp, Salmonella spp, Vibrio cholera, Vibrio vulnificus, Vibrio parahaemolyticus, Lysteria spp. Sulphite reducing Clostridium etc.