|Awards and recognitions
Best paper award for P. Viji, S. Basu, B.B. Nayak, M.K. Choksey and G. venkateshwarlu. Antioxidant activity of spice extracts and its efficacy on protection of PUFA of fish oil enriched extruded products. in Bioresource management in 20th All india Congress of Zoology, 2009.
Best paper Award for the paper titled ‘Nutritional and physical properties of noodles incorporated with Seaweed puree - Jesmi Debbarma, Viji P., B.Madhusudana Rao, and M.M. Prasad” presented by Jesmi Debbarma at “National Seminar on Fisheries and Aquaculture: Lively hood security, sustainability and conservation"" in the Technical session: Harvest and Post Harvest Technology, held on 21-22 January, 2016 at College of Fisheries, Lembucherra, Tripura.
|Publications (Best 5 publications)
- Viji P., Binsi P.K., Visnuvinayagam S., Bindu J., Gopal T.K. S. (2015). Efficacy of Mint (Mentha arvensis) leaf and Citrus (Citrus aurantium) peel extracts as natural preservatives for shelf life extension of chill stored Indian mackerel. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 52(10). 6278-6289
- Viji P., Tanuja S.,George Ninan, Lalitha KV., Zynudheen AA and Binsi PK. (2015). Effect of turmeric treatment and smoking duration on the shelf life of ready to cook fillets from sutchi catfish during chilled storage. Journal of Food Process Engineering. doi:10.1111/jfpe.12238
- P. Viji., N. George., K. V. Lalitha., A. A. Zynudheen., S. Tanuja P. K. Binsi and T. K. Srinivasagopal. (2015). Biochemical, textural, microbiological and sensory attributes of gutted and ungutted sutchi catfish (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus) stored in ice. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 52 (6). 3312-3321.
- Viji Pankyamma, Subrata Basu, Sofji Suryaprabha Bhadran, Mithlesh Kumar Chouksey and Venkateswharlu Gudipati. (2014). Fish oil-fortified extruded snacks: evaluation of physical properties and oxidative stability by response surface methodology. Journal of Food Process Engineering. 37(4): 349-361.
- S. Tanuja, P. Viji, A.A. Zynudheen and C.G. Joshy. (2012). Composition, functional properties and antioxidative activity of hydrolysates prepared from the frame meat of striped catfish (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus). Egyptian Journal of Biology, Vol. 14, pp 27-35
- Effect of reduced oxygen atmosphere and sodium acetate treatment on the microbial quality changes of seer fish (Scomberomorus commerson) steaks stored in ice, C.O. Mohan, C.N. Ravishankar, T.K. Srinivasa Gopal, K.V. Lalitha, K. Asok Kumar, 2010, Food Microbiology 27 (2010) 526- 534