- Skill development training programmes on microbiological examination of seafood for the technologists of seafood processing plants and graduate and post-graduate students.
- Training programmes for fishers on hygienic handling of fish
- Training programme for women and interested persons on preparation of value added fishery products
- Provides analytical services for analyzing fish and fishery products and water samples for chemical and microbiological parameters.
- Participates in exhibitions organized at local, state and National level.
- Promotes entrepreneurship in fisheries in liaison with Agri-business Incubation Centre, ICAR-CIFT, Kochi.
- Executes Tribal Sub Plan and NEH programmes training programmes
- Participates as member of the Assessment Panel of Experts for assessing/approving/renewing/ seafood processing units in Andhra Pradesh.
- Skill development training programmes on By catch Reduction Devices and fabrication of new designs of gears and traps
- Provides services to Andhra University, CIFNET,CMFRI, State Fisheries Dept & FSI as advisory members, as examiners, Board of Study members and as resource persons for delivering lectures
- CIFTECH 1 15.5m Length steel vessel with 122 HP for experimental fishing operations