- Developed high value products from fish processing waste like caroteino-protein complexes, bioactive hydrolysates, collagen peptide, bioceramic hydroxyapatite etc.
- Peptide enriched nutritional drinks, crispy roe flakes and cubes and various convenient products from different fishes and shell fishes have been successfully developed at this centre.
- Effect of different natural preservatives on the shelf life extension of seafood under different storage conditions were evaluated and standardized.
- Shellac resin was standardized to control flies in dried Bombay duck.
- Biosensor buttons were formulated to indicate spoilage during transportation and storage of fish.
- Antibiotic resistance of common pathogenic bacteria in fish and shellfish samples and environment as well as antimicrobial effect of natural preservatives against various spoilage and pathogenic bacteria were monitored.