Major Areas of Interest
Material Science & Marine Pollution
- Fishing craft materials
- Fishing gear materials
- Fishing craft protection
- Marine corrosion
- Marine corrosion, boring and fouling
- Pollution in fisheries and aquaculture environment
Responsible fish harvesting systems
- Up-gradation of traditional fishing gear systems
- Fishing gear design & development for small-scale fisheries
- Fishing gear design & development for inland water bodies
- Fishing gear design & development for deep sea fisheries.
- Modeling studies and full-scale field testing of fishing gears.
- Fishing gear selectivity in the context of resource conservation.
- Energy conservation in fishing
- Bycatch Reduction Devices and Turtle Excluder Devices
- National and international laws and regulations for fisheries.